Potato and field tomato growers look to Prism SG herbicide for its outstanding post-emergent control of key weeds such as: quackgrass, redroot pigweed, barnyard grass, fall panicum, green foxtail, hairy nightshade, lamb’s-quarters (suppression), witchgrass and yellow foxtail.
Prism SG herbicide can be used for post-emergent control on all types of potatoes. This includes seed potatoes, early maturing varieties and (in Western Canada) irrigated potatoes.
Both processing and fresh market tomatoes can be treated with Prism SG.
At the 24 g/ac (60 g/ha) rate, Prism SG controls quackgrass, redroot pigweed, barnyard grass, fall panicum, green foxtail, hairy nightshade (in tomatoes), lamb’s-quarters (suppression), witchgrass and yellow foxtail.
Blueberry, Highbush (Vaccinium corymbosum)
Caneberry (Rubus spp. L)
Potato (Solanum tuberosum ssp. Tuberosum)
Tomato (Lycopsersicon esculentum)
Apply a tankmix of Prism SG herbicide plus Tricor 75DF Herbicide postemergent plus a non-ionic surfactant, i.e. Citowett Plus, Agral 90 or AgSurf at 2L per 1000L of spray solution (0.2% v/v) in potatoes for control of annual grasses and broadleaf weeds. Tricor 75 DF herbicide should be applied at 280-375 g/ha along with Prism SG herbide at 60 g/ha to control all weeds listed on both Prism SG Label and Tricor 75 DF herbicide label.
1) Apply specified dosage per hectare as a broadcast postemergence spray over the tops of potatoes when they are less than 10 cm high. Do not use postemergence treatments on Atlantic, Eramosa, Shepody, red-skinned or any early maturing varieties. Temporary yellowing or leaf burn may occur, especially if crop is under stress from poor growing conditions such as periods of cool, wet, and cloudy weather. Avoid postemergence application under these conditions.
2) Spray before weeds are 4 cm high. Use high rates for grasses or dense broadleaf weeds.
3) Do not harvest within 60 days of application.
4) Apply to actively growing annual grasses at the full 2-leaf to 5-leaf stages. For green and yellow foxtail, apply at full 2-leaf to 4-leaf stage.
5) Apply to actively growing plants that have 3 to 5 fully developed leaves.
6) Spray before broadleaf weeds are 4 cm high and when annual grasses are 1 to 6 leaf stage (up to early tillering – two 2-leaf tillers).
7) Prism Herbicide must be applied with a recommended non-ionic surfactant, i.e. Citowett Plus, Agral 90 or Agsurf at 2 L per 1000 L of spray solution (0.2% v/v).