These are the product benefits that Torpedo EZ herbicide has to offer.
Torpedo EZ provides long lasting, pre-emergent control of grasses and small-seeded broadleaf weeds.
Resistance management tool
A combination of two active ingredients from two unique modes of action all-in-one liquid formulation.
Wide application window
Pre-emergence and early post emergence application timing for bareground and non-crop areas.
Stay where you spray
Low mobility and low risk of off-site movement.
Ease of use
Torpedo EZ is a co-formulated solution that does not require mixing.
Now registered in the following provinces:
Aerial: Not registered for aerial application.
Refer to the Torpedo EZ label for complete use instructions.
Refer to the Controlled Weeds list for the full list of weeds.
Apply Torpedo EZ Herbicide from 880 to 1215 mL/ha. A case of 2 x 7.16L treats 12 hectares at the higher rate.
Apply 880 - 1215 mL /ha of Torpedo EZ Herbicide as a preemergence application. Preemergence applications of Torpedo EZ Herbicide should be made to a weed-free soil surface. Preemergence applications of Torpedo EZ Herbicide must be completed prior to weed emergence. Moisture is necessary to activate Torpedo EZ Herbicide on soil for residual weed control. Dry weather following application of Torpedo EZ Herbicide may reduce effectiveness. However, when adequate moisture is received after dry conditions, Torpedo EZ Herbicide will control susceptible germinating weeds.
Apply 880 - 1215 mL/ha of Torpedo EZ Herbicide plus an adjuvant (0.25% v/v non-ionic surfactant) as a postemergence application. The addition of an adjuvant enhances Torpedo EZ Herbicide activity on emerged weeds. Thorough spray coverage is necessary to maximize the postemergence activity of Torpedo EZ Herbicide. Emerged weeds are controlled postemergence with Torpedo EZ Herbicide, however, translocation of Torpedo EZ Herbicide within a weed is limited, and control is affected by spray coverage and by the addition of an adjuvant. The most effective postemergence weed control with Torpedo EZ Herbicide occurs when applied in combination with a surfactant to weeds less than 5 cm in height. A tank mix partner should be used in combination with Torpedo EZ Herbicide for the postemergence control of weeds less than 5 cm.
1) Fill clean spray tank 1/2 to 2/3 of desired level with clean water.
2) To ensure a uniform spray mixture, pre-slurry the required amount of Torpedo EZ Herbicide with water prior to addition to the spray tank. Use a minimum of 3.8 litres (1 gallon) of water per 283 g (10 oz) of Torpedo EZ Herbicide.
3) While agitating, slowly add the pre-slurried Torpedo EZ Herbicide to the spray tank. Agitation should create a rippling or rolling action on the water surface.
4) If tank mixing Torpedo EZ herbicide with other labeled herbicides, add water soluble bags first, followed by dry formulations, flowables, emulsifiable concentrates and then solutions. Prepare no more spray mixture than is required for the immediate spray operation.
5) Add any required adjuvants.
6) Fill spray tank to desired level with water. Agitation should continue until all spray solution has been applied.
7) Mix only the amount of spray solution that can be applied the day of mixing. Torpedo EZ herbicide should be applied within 6 hours of mixing.
TANK MIX PARTNERS: Completely read and follow the label of any potential tank mix partner with Torpedo EZ Herbicide. When using tank mixtures, use conditions must be in accordance with the most restrictive of the label limitations and precautions on either herbicide label. Recommended tank mix partners include 2,4-D Ester, Hyvar XL, Krovar, Telar, Vanquish, Banvel, Karmex, Velpar, Tordon and Garlon