Frontline XL herbicide, the trusted standard in flexible, reliable broadleaf weed control for cereal growers in the black soil zone. It has two active ingredients (combination of Group 2 and 4) for reliable control of cleavers and chickweed.
Frontline XL is the benchmark for wide-spectrum weed control on over 40 million acres.
Frontline XL is a consistently better broadleaf weed control than Refine , Buctril® M or Target®. And there’s no need for additional broadleaf tank mixes.
Frontline XL is the trusted standard in flexible, reliable broadleaf weed control for cereal growers in the black soil zone.
Barley (Hordeum vulgare ssp. vulgare)
Oat (Avena spp.)
Wheat, Durum (Triticum durum)
Wheat, Spring Seeded (Triticum aestivum)
Refer to the Frontline XL label for complete use instructions.
Refer to the Controlled Weeds list for the full list of weeds.
• Annual sunflower(1)
• Prickly lettuce(1)
• Redroot pigweed(2)
• Russian pigweed(1)
• Canada thistle(2)
• Plantain(5)top growth)
(1) Up to the 4-leaf stage
(2) For heavy infestations add 47 mL/ac MCPA Ester LV 600
(3) Seedling and overwintered rosettes <15 cm
(4) All varieties
(5) Top growth
When mixing you will use step 5 or step 7 but not both.
1) Fill the spray tank with ½ to ¾ of the required amount of water.
2) Continue agitation throughout the mixing and spraying procedure.
3) If water conditioner is required, add now.
4) Add any tank-mix partners that are a dry formulation.
5) If using an oil dispersible grassy weed tank-mix partner (such as Simplicity) add now.
6) Add the required amount of Frontline XL.
7) Add the required amount of grassy weed tank-mix partner if not using an oil dispersible formulation.
8) Add any required adjuvant or surfactants.
9) Complete filling the sprayer tank with water.
Note: Do not mix undiluted herbicides in the chem-handler.
• Allow 7 days after application before grazing lactating animals.
• Withdraw meat animals from treated areas at least 3 days before slaughter.
• Allow 7 days after application before cutting hay or harvesting forage.
• Mature crops may be harvested 60 days after application.
• Simplicity GoDRI
Performance Inquiry Guidelines:
Corteva encourages contact within the timelines listed for proper field assessments to resolve and rectify the call.
After these deadlines, it is difficult to determine the circumstances leading to non-performance.
Seed - Days After Use - Within 21 days (after crop emergence)
Pre-emergent herbicides - Days After Use - Within 21 days (after crop emergence)
Post emergent herbicides - Days After Use - Within 21 days after treatment
Pre-seed herbicides - Days After Use - Within 21 days after treatment
Pre-harvest or post harvest - Days After Use - Within 21 days after seeding – the following spring
Fallow applications - Days After Use - Within 21 days after treatment
Fungicides - Days After Use - 7 days after treatment
Insecticides - Days After Use - 7 days after treatment
Additional Resource Material (PDF)
West Field Guide
Before use and for complete product information, please read and follow label directions.